EVENT SANCTION AND INSURANCE
Benefits of SANCTIONING AND INSURING your event:
- Increased Prestige - For many events, the USATF sanction improves the event's public perception. A sanction tells athletes that an event is being run according to applicable competition rules. Sanctioned events have the ability to use the USATF event designation logo to promote the fact that the governing body has sanctioned the event.
- Liability Insurance - Most governmental entities including cities, counties, state highway departments, parks and community centers require general liability insurance for all events. The cost of a sanction is very inexpensive compared to the prices of most event insurance policies. It is important to know that events that are already insured may choose to waive the insurance coverage and pay a lower sanction fee.
- Sport Accident Insurance for Athletes - Any athlete who is a USATF member and is injured while participating in a sanctioned event will be eligible for secondary medical insurance coverage for the injury. This insurance not only provides valuable coverage to USATF members, but it serves as a valuable deterrent to lawsuits.
- Volunteer Event Medical Coverage (optional) - This add-on insurance coverage is available to USATF sanctioned events to provide medical liability coverage for volunteer physicians and all other volunteer healthcare providers providing support to participants, volunteers and spectators during sanctioned events.
- Calendar Promotion - Sanctioned events will be included in the USATF online calendar and be highlighted to distinguish them from non-sanctioned events.
- Records - In general, a sanction is required for a record to be set. There are some exceptions to this rule, however.
- Special Offers and Discounts - view offers & discounts available to sanctioned events
- Resolving Disputes - If requested, USATF will act as an arbiter in disputes between athletes and sanctioned events.
- Other - Each Association may provide additional benefits to its sanctioned events. Please contact your local Association for more details.
CLICK "CONTACT JOE LAUGHLIN / J7 SPORTS" BUTTON BELOW
FOR PRICING AND APPLICATION